IT4Innovations is a unique project that aims to build a national centre of excellent research in the field of information technologies. This newly established centre will help to develop and improve concentration of many scientific fields related to IT. Project should combine function of research centre for academic purposes with research for application sphere.
Part of the project will be acquisition of very powerful supercomputer, that should be put into operation in 2014 and it should be at that time included among the TOP 100 supercomputers in the world.
Project IT4Innovations is realized by five subjects: VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava, Brno University of Technology, University of Ostrava, Silesian University in Opava and Institute of Geonics AS CR.
Faculty of Information Technology BUT is responsible for two research programmes:
1. Multimedia Information Recognition and Presentation
- system for complex audiovisual characterisation of people in real environment
- system for effective automated 3D geometric modeling (with use of „Rapid Prototyping“)
- system able to analyze large web data provided by users, extract and process information
- software for effective analyzer/compiler based on processing of sparse information
- safety analysis of systems with smart cards
- software for evolution synthesis and optimalization of digital circuits at the gates
- software for intelligent testing of parallel programmes with focus on search of synchronization errors
- hardware architecture for acceleration of PC-network algorithms
- HW/SW co-design, design and development of embedded systems