On 11 November 2019, Brno University of Technology subscribed to the principles enshrined in the European Charter for Researchers and in the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The aim of the University is to obtain the HR AWARD, which is awarded by the European Commission to research institutions that commited to implement the HRS4R Strategy (The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers) based on the above principles.
The University will prepare an internal GAP analysis aimed to compare the current practice at the University with the Charter and the Code; at the same time, an Action Plan (AP) for the process of implementing the actions helping the institution pass from the current state to the target state in accordance with the principles enshrined in the Charter and in the Code, will be prepared. The GAP analysis will include a questionnaire survey among University staff.
Benefits of HRS4R implementation for the University and researchers:
- Increasing University prestige and attractiveness for researchers
- Obtaining funds for research from European and national research supporting programmes - advantages in the TAČR programs, HORIZON 2020 and others
- Linking to a pan-European network of research organisations
- International attractivity and visibility
- Improving the quality of Human Resources care
- Transparent recruitment and selection of new researchers
HRS4R Acknowledged Institutions (EURAXESS).
Phases of the HRS4R:Initial phase:
- The application for the "HR Excellence in Research Award",
- Initial Action Plan (24 months after the HR Award was granted, followed by an Interim Assessment),
- Revised Action Plan (36 months after the Interim assessment),
- Renewal with Site Visit (five years after the initial HR Award was granted).
Responsibility: Ing. Bohdana Šlégrová