FME, ISMMB DTBNMM – Head of sub-department
+420 54114 2868
Education and academic qualification
- 1978, Ing., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, BUT in Brno
- 1999, PhD., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, BUT in Brno, branch Engineering Mechanics
- 2006, Assoc. Prof., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, BUT in Brno, branch Applied Mechanics
- 2012, Prof., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, BUT in Brno, branch Applied Mechanics
- 1978-1984, research worker, Research Institute of Medical Instruments Chirana in Brno.
- 1984-1990, research worker, Research Institute of Power Plants in Brno.
- 1990-2006, assistent professor, Institute of Solid Mechanics FME BUT in Brno.
- 2006-2012, associate professor, Institute of Solid Mechanics, Mechatronics and Biomechanics FME BUT in Brno.
- 2012-till now, professor, Institute of Solid Mechanics, Mechatronics and Biomechanics FME BUT in Brno.
- Strength of materials - lectures and seminars
- Biomechanics of cardio-vascular system - lectures and seminars
- Introduction and teaching of new course in Mechanics of biological tissues in Phd degree
- Introduction of a new course in Constitutive models of materials in MSc degree
- Introduction of new course in Biomechanics of cardio-vascular system in MSc degree
- Supervisor of more than 45 diploma theses and 6 suscesful PhD-theses
- Co-author of six teaching texts in Czech and author of translation of two of them into English
- Problems of anisotropic, viscoelastic and hyperelastic behaviour of gradient materials and failure modes of bodies of these materials.
- Stress-strain analysis of living tissues and implants, stress-strain analysis of bodies of advanced materials (plastics, elastomers, fibre composites).
- Publications of more than 140 scientific papers; about 35 of them in peer-review journals, 13 of them with relevant IF.
- 2001-2005, member of council of the Brno University of Technology for Biomedical engineering and Bionics
- 2006-2008, member of academic senate of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Brno University of Technology
- 2006-till now, member of the council of the doctoral study branch Engineering Mechanics, head of this council since 2010
- 2013-2014, vice-dean for science, research and doctoral studies
- 2014-till now, member of academic senate of the Brno University of Technology
- 2006, chairman of the commitee of the international conference Human Biomechanics 2006
- 2008-2014, member of Board of Directors of ESEM (European Society for Engineering and Medicine).
- 2008-2009, member of the council of GAČR for technical sciences.
- 2009-2013, 2017 - till now, member of the GAČR panel No. 108 ("Material sciences and engineering").
Prizing by scientific community
- GA CR 103/94/0419 - Numerical analysis of processes of interaction in human body (1994-1996)
- GA CR 101/96/0319 - Fatigue strength of multilayer laminate composites of GLARE type (1996-1998)
- GAČR 106/96/0652 - Computer supports in biomedical engineering and biomechanics (1996-1998)
- Research project of Ministery of Education and Youth of CR No. 262100001 - Computational and physical modelling of problems of engineering thermofluid mechanics, solid mechanics and phase changes (1998-2004)
- GA CR 101/01/0974 - Specific biomechanical problems of hip joint endoprosthesis and their solving by modelling (2001-2003)
- GA CR 101/05/0136 - Problems of big joints of human body (2005-2007)
- GACR 106/09/1732 - Multilevel modelling of behaviour of hyperelastic anisotropic materials (2009-2011) - principal investigator
- OPVK CZ.1.07/2.2.00/07.0406 (2009-2012)
- OPVK CZ.1.07/2.3.00/09.0228 (2010-2012)
- GACR 13-16304S - Prediction of rupture of abdominal aortic aneurysm on the basis of computational modelling (2013-2015) - principal investigator
Sum of citations (without self-citations) indexed within SCOPUS