FME, IFL – Director of Department
+420 54114 2897
Education and academic qualification
- 2002-2010: doctoral study programme (Ph.D.) – Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University in Brno. Philology
- 1997-2001: master's study programme (Mgr.) – Faculty of Education, Masaryk University in Brno. English-Russian
- 1997-1998: master's study programme (not completed) – Faculty of Education, Masaryk University in Brno. Russian-Ukrainian
- 1995-1996: VSA, Brno. Economics and Law
- 2002-present: Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Foreign Languages
- 2002-present: cooperation with Oxford University Press (lexicology, methodology)
- 1999-2002: corporate English courses
- 1997-2002: private English and Russian courses
- 1996-present: translations and interpreting
- 1996-1997: Průmyslové stavitelství Brno, s.r.o., Department of Marketing and Development: translator (from/into English, from/into Russian)
- 1994-1995: freelance translator
- English and Russian courses of different levels
- English for specific purposes (technical, economic, business, legal)
- courses within part-time studies
- computer assisted language courses
- applied linguistics (lexicology)
- languages for specific purposes
- 2004-present: director of Institute of Foreign Languages
- 2002-2016: supervisor of English courses at Faculty of Business and Management
- translations and proofreading
- 2006-present: membership in Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- 2005-present: membership in European Association for Language Testing and Assessment, Lancaster University, UK
- reviews of course books and teaching materials and participation in pilot projects
- participation in methodology seminars and workshops organised for English teachers
- 2009-2012: Operational Programme Education for Competitiveness, European Social Fund/Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/07.0403: BUT English Campus.
- 2009: FRVŠ: Zařazení přípravy na mezinárodní jazykové zkoušky do výuky anglického jazyka. Project No. 2108. (Neumanová, M.)
- 2008: Development programme of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Development of language courses.
- 2007: Development programme of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Development of language courses, esp. English courses - 3rd follow-up stage.
- 2006: Development programme of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Internationalization project: Development of language courses, esp. English courses.
- 2005: Development programme of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Internationalization project: Standardization of language courses, esp. English courses, within bachelor’s study programmes at Brno University of Technology.
- 2004: Development programme of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Internationalization project: Development of courses taught in English, increasing language skills and knowledge, incl. internationalization of study programmes. (participation)
- 2004: FME project: Audiovisual aids and equipment in classrooms for language courses