How to become a reader?
It is easy if you are a BUT student or staff member. You automatically become a reader of the library assigned to you. For other BUT libraries, you can register free of charge on submitting a student or employee card. You are entitled to this type of registration for the employment duration.
Needless to say that the BUT libraries also offer their services to readers not related to BUT officially. Such readers must pay for the registration and for being issued a card. If they want to register for further BUT libraries, too, they pay only for the registration. The registration fees can be found in each library's guide. The registration duration is one year and can be renewed.
How to log in to the catalogue?
You only have to log in to the catalogue for services other than searching it (reservation, account viewing, etc.).
- login: VUT login or perID (personal ID)
- password: VUT pin (not VUT password)
Readers' rights and duties
Details can be found in each library's guide, here are the main points. A reader may use the services offered by the library, particularly:
- make on-site and off-site loans
- reserve items
- renew the loan of an item
- access electronic resources
- use the library rooms and equipment
The readers are mainly obliged:
- to meet the loan deadlines (access to some services may be denied and fines imposed on failing to do so)
- to follow the instructions of the librarians