SOLVING RESIDENCE MATTERS OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THE TERRITORY OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC FROM 17 JULY 2020
RESIDENCE OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THE TERRITORY OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC
Foreign nationals, whose validity of residence permit ended in period between 12 March 2020 – 16 July 2020 resides after 16 July in the territory of the Czech Republic illegally and there is a risk of punishment from the public authorities. It is recommended to such a foreign nation to leave immediately the territory of the Czech Republic.
ENTRY OF FOREIGN NATIONALS TO THE TERRITORY OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC
It applies to July 17 2020, that only the following categories can enter the territory of the Czech Republic:
- a) all EU citizens,
- b) third-country nationals who are on the list of countries with a low risk of COVID – 19 specified in the Communication of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic
- c) foreign nationals who have a temporary or permanent residence permit in the countries on the list above.
Other foreign nationals will be allowed to enter the territory of the Czech Republic only in cases to which (according to the Protective measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic) an exception applies.
ENTRY TO THE MOI OFFICE
At Brno MoI office, it will be in any case possible without making an appointment:
- submission of an application, which is necessary to submit personally and personal confirmation of an application sent by post or to data box
- issuance of a departure order
- issuance of a bridging label
- acceptance of a document delivered by a public notice
- delivery of the requirements, to its submission foreign nationals were invited in original (CD and registry documents)
It is also possible to take an appointment, by phone or electronically, through the appointment system, for all commonly performed operations.
If any of these requests is delivered to the MOI by post, via a data box, e-mail with a guaranteed electronic signature etc., it must be within five days personally confirmed by the applicant at the relevant MOI office. In this case, it is not necessary to make an appointment in advance. If there is no such personal confirmation, such a request is not submitted and will be returned to the applicant.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES, LOSS OR THEFT OF THE RESIDENCE PERMIT
Foreign nationals can report a change of residence in the territory/loss, theft or damage of the residence permit by post. If the foreign national holds a residence permit, he or she must at the same time apply for a new card. To do this, he or she can use the forms available on the website of the Ministry of the Interior. The Ministry of the Interior then contacts him or her and arrange an appointment at the MOI office.
Responsibility: Mgr. Petra Kuchaříková