CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
DURING YOUR STAY AT THE BRNO UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY or if you went home
Please read regularly Recommendation of the Rector of BUT due to the spread of coronavirus
Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- If you need to cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use your sleeve, not your hands!
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Maintain at least 2-metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- More recommendations can be found HERE.
Steps to follow if you have been in contact with a confirmed case of infection:
- You should go into quarantine. You must not be in contact with other people. Please inform immediately your supervisor and the receptionist in the BUT dormitory (in case you stay at BUT dorms, phone number: +420 541 142 978 - block A03). They will inform the Regional Public Health Authority of the South Moravian Region and it will decide if you will be tested for coronavirus. You should remain in quarantine for two weeks after your last contact with the confirmed case of infection.
Steps to follow if you have symptoms of any respiratory infection:
- If you have symptoms of lower respiratory tract infection (fever, cough and breathing difficulties), and are accommodated in the BUT dormitory, please call the receptionist – phone number: +420 541 142 978 (block A03). The receptionist will call emergency service 112 or public health office 1212. They (the doctors or regional public health authority will decide if the testing or hospitalization is needed.); if you are accommodated in a private accommodation, please call your general practicioner or 1212 - public health office or 112 (medical and rescue service).
- If you are experiencing increased dyspnoea (shortness of breath), call 112 (medical and rescue service). Hospitalization is usually required in this case.
- The BUT Crisis Staff appointed RNDr. Mgr. Daniela Dvorská as the contact person for the spread of coronavirus, who you can contact in case of any questions (email@example.com or 778 790 510).
- Please inform as well your supervisor.
- Calling in advance will help to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
MEASURES OF THE CZECH GOVERNMENTFollow the measures adopted by the Czech Government against coronavirus:
- As of 12 March, the State of emergency was declared.
- The restrictions on the free movement of persons with some exceptions has been extended till 11 April 2020 6.00 in the morning. You can leave your residence in exactly specified cases: You can go shopping at the supermarkets, pharmacies or drugstores. Note: As of 25 March, all shops over 500 m2 are reserved from 8:00am to 10:00am for seniors and disabled persons above 50 years of age. In stores below 500 m2, employees are ordered to give priority to the above-mentioned persons. You can visit the doctor or walk alone in the park or in the countryside.
- The effect of the ban of retail sales and sales of services on the spot (with exceptions such as foodstuffs, drugstores, pharmacies etc.), as well as of the ban of presence of the public in restaurants and other catering premises, has been extended to Saturday 11 April 2020, too.
- It is mandatory to wear face/surgical masks (or at least scarves or bandannas) fully covering the nose and mouth when going out in public.
- More information can be found at the website of the Czech Government.
More information regarding your stay in the Czech Republic can be found here.
You can find useful information from the Czech Government, Ministry of Health of Czech Republic and other institutions on the links below:
- Special website of the Ministry of Health of Czech Republic
- Information for foreign nationals of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic
- Website of the Czech government (Measures adopted by the Czech Government against coronavirus)
- Website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- Website of the World Health Organization
- Website of the European Centre for Disease Prevetion and Control
- Website CORONA HELP (reliable English news on Czech internet about COVID-19, leisure, free psychological online consultations, online grocery e-shops, delivery services, etc.)
- Website of the Brno City Municipality
- Website of the Brno Expat Centre
For further detailed information regarding current information you can also contact:
- Regional Public Health Authority of the South Moravian Region
- Phone: +420 773 768 994 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nonstop hotline of the National Institute of Public Health
- +420 724 810 106 and +420 725 191 367
- National Infoline
- COVID-19 Brno Infoline
- Phone: +420 800 140 800 (Mon-Fri 7.00-17.00, Sat-Sun 9.00-13.00)
If you have any questions or problems in this matter please get in touch with your supervisor or the email@example.com address.
The BUT Crisis Staff appointed RNDr. Mgr. Daniela Dvorská as the contact person for the spread of coronavirus, who you can contact in case of any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org or 778 790 510).
Affected countries and territories in Europe and all countries
Foreigners can leave the Czech Republic. However, you can not return during the state of emergency. More information regarding traveling during the state of emergency can be found at the website of the Ministry of the Interior if the Czech Republic.
What to do if you are travelling from regions affected by the new coronavirus infection by bus.
What to do if you are travelling from regions affected by the new coronavirus infection by train.
Responsibility: Mgr. Petra Kuchaříková