Vypsaná témata doktorského studijního programu:|
- The research of dynamic behaviour of railway lines
The theme is focused on study of dynamic behaviour of railway lines. The theme includes railway superstructure and railway subbase. The tema also includes application of a suitable modern mathematical apparatus for the evaluation of the railway lines parameters including of artificial intelligence methods using.
- Sound protection proceedings optimizing in relation to transport
The theme is focused on study of sound protection systems including simulation and measurement methods. The tema also includes application of a suitable modern mathematical apparatus for the evaluation of the acoustic parameters including of artificial intelligence methods using.
- GIS, telematics and knowledge systems
"The theme is focused on study of GIS, telematics and knowledge systems in transport. "
- Mechanics of Railway Track
The theme is focused on study of mechanics of railway structures. The theme includes static and dynamic analyses of track with special aim in speed increasing and modern selements of track.
- Design Optimization of Track Geometry Parameters
The theme is focused on design optimization of track geometric parameters with respect to train speed increasing on modernized railway lines and regarding restrictive requirements for design.
- Monitoring the Mechanical Properties of a Sample by Selective Non-Destructive Testing Method
The Aim of the study will be behaviour monitoring of a type of samples at mechanical loading. One of Non-Destructive Testing method is suitable for monitoring the samples quality during its loading. The PhD student will acquire knowledge about NDT.
- Repair of concrete pavements at the end of their life cycle
"The thesis will be aimed at the repair technology of cement concrete pavements, which are at the end of their life cycle. In detail there will be carried out the analysis of the the possibility of segmentation of concrete blocks ant their overlay by asphalt layers. The cooperation with leading road construction firms is assumed. The theses should include the literature summary and practical design of repair including the preparation of test sections."
- Microsimulation of traffic problems
"The microscopic approach to simulation is dominating in traffic flow research with good prospects for autonomous control in specific traffic situations – intersections, vehicle moves and limit situations."
- Low noise pavements
"The Ph.D. thesis deals with a new types of asphalt mixtures with higher void content, which adsorb more traffic noise than the common mixtures. These mixtures start to be used more often mostly for urban pavements above all in Germany."
- Low viscous asphalt rubbers
Asphalt-rubber design with content up to 15 % rubber granulate form scrap tyre and determination of binder characteristics. The use of the binders in asphalt mixtures and determination of performance characteristics
- Durability of Pavement Skid Resistance
Determination of polishing of aggregate and pavement surface with using of Wehner/Schulze laboratory test method and correlation of the results to decrease of pavement skid resistance under different traffic loading
- Optimization of Concrete Structures
Development and application of tools for probabilistic optimization of concrete structures
- Reliability of Concrete Bridge
"Modeling of a particular concrete bridge structure using nonlinear fracture mechanics (ATENA) and probabilistic analysis (SARA). Cooperation with Boku University, Vienna, is supposed."
- Inverse reliability analysis
Application of methodlogy for inverse reliability analysis focused on concrete structures and bridges.
- Stochastic Finite Element Method
Considering random variability in FEM calculations at the level of random variables and random fields
- Soft Computing of Computational Mechanics of Continuum
"Soft computing techniques in structural mechanics: artificial neural networks, cellular automata"
- Size effect of concrete elements
Modelling of concrete elements where size effect is important. Comparison with experiments.
- Modelling of damage and fracture of advanced building materials based structures
Appropriate structural design from advanced building materials is conditioned by the ability of prediction of real response obtained by robust computational tools with implementation of proper failure models based on non-linear fracture mechanics.
- Fatigue and fracture of advanced materials of building structures
Pieces of knowledge about behaviour of advanced building materials based structures through the effective application of methods of complex determining of physical-mechanical and performance qualities to describe fatigue and fracture characteristics.
- Fracture of disordered materials under general mode of loading
"Fracture of quasi-brittle building materials (silicate composites/rocks) under quasistatic/multiaxial loading. Description of fracture during the failure in shear/mixed modes. Characterization of the materials: fracture energy, stress state."
- Improved Analysis of Structures Taking into Account Uncertainties
Improved analysis of civil engineering structures with respect to uncertainties in input parameters. Mothods for simulation of experimental tests on computers.
- Influence of Recycled Materials on Reliability of Concrete Structures
Influence of utilizing recycled materials of different quality in concrete on ultimate capacity of civil engineering components compared to structures made from standard concrete.
- Pavements from Natural and Recycled Materials
Design and analysis of second-class pavements utilizing natural resources and recycled materials in the individual layers of the structure. Analysis of random variability of used materials´ mechanical properties on behavior of the pavements.
- Numerical Methods in Uncertainty and Reliability Analyses
Development of simulation and appximation methods for numerical analyses of problems featuring random variables. The bottom line is the development of advanced Monte Carlo strategies.
- Analysis and prediction of mechanical behavior with short fiber composites and textile reinforced composites
Numerical and experimental research of composites.
- Sensitivity analysis of stability problems of steel structures
Sensitivity analysis will be applied to the study of the influence of initial imperfections on the limit states of steel structures. Variance based sensitivity analysis can be applied to the study. Computer program in Delphi will be created.
- Stochastic reliability analysis of reinforced concrete bridges
Topic is focused on nonlinear stochastic analysis of load-bearing capacity and reliability of reinforced concrete structure. Uncertainties of input parameters together with time development of degradation is taken into account.
- Numerical analysis of soil–structure interaction
Strain and stress of the soil-structure interaction are influenced by various factors. This is the problem of the multicomponent soil that must be solved comprehensively. The FEM will be used for the numerical modelling.
- Impact analysis of vehicles in road restrint systems
The doctoral dissertation is focused on the analysis of impacts of moving vehicles into road restraint systems. The goal of the analysis is qualified to assess the ability of restraint systems to capture impact without causing their destruction.
- Analysis of fatigue behavior of cement based composite
Dissertation is focused on the analysis of fatigue behavior of cement composite. The problem will be solved by using the experimentally observed fatigue properties of the composite that will be used as input parameters for numerical simulation.
- Use of parallelization in numerical analysis of nonlinear dynamics of structures
"Importance o dynamic analysis of structures is increasing, especilaly after Fukushima nuclear plant catastrophy. The main problem of nonlinear dynamic analysis of civil engineering structures is computer time demands. This problem can be solved by extensiv use of parallelization of processing."
- Optimising design of structures
"Definition of optimisation model of a structure for: 1. design of a member, 2. strengthening of existing member, 3. design and strengthening of a structure. Calculation variant: stochastic, deterministic (according to the application class of the tasks), type of the restraining conditions, classes the target functions."
- Strengthening and reconstructions of concrete structures
"Strips, fabrics; contact of glued joints; strengthening in shear/flexure; NSMR (near surface mounted reinforcement), prestressed and non-prestressed variant; strengthening by external prestressing; strengthening of compressive stressed members using wrapping. "
- Strengthening and reconstructions of masonry structures
"Application of additional external reinforcement, wrapping, FRP reinforcement. Experimental and theoretical parts with a goal: to restrict the development of existing cracks, eventually to restrict the origin of new cracks and improve the load-bearing capacity of a masonry structure. "
- Composite structures
"Structures of a type concrete-steel, concrete-FRP, reinforced masonry. Experimental and theoretical part with a goal to set-up an apposite algorithm of a design and to verify it by physical and numerical experiment."
- Reinforcing of concrete structures with non-metallic reinforcement, development of reinforcement and a field of application
"A goal of the work is to set up apposite constitutive relations for different types of reinforcement for general cases of stresses and their combinations. Steps: development of new non-metallic elements, theoretical part – set-up of mathematical models, algorithm of a design."
- The behaviour of prestressed concrete structures during interaction of mechanical and temperature (eventually also moisture) stress
"A goal of the work is to verify models and to formulate a recommendation for utilisation of the structures during long-term mechanical, temperature (or moisture) stress – set-up of mathematical models, testing and verification of constitutive relations, algorithm of a design. "
- Composite timber concrete structures
To design effective structures (reinforced/unreinforced) with optimal characteristics of ULS and SLS to initial costs.
- Space structures supported by arches and/or cables
The aim of the work is to develop light space bridge structures and long span roofs that are supported by arches and/or cables. They will be assembled of structural members from high performance materials and will use a progressive erection.
- Usage of waste cinder in structural concrete.
"Production of large amount of waste materials is essential problem of present society. Ideal solution of this problem is effective building in of the waste into new structural material. It is concrete theme based of prepared project, which will be focused on possibilities of application cinder form Brno incineration plant into structural concrete."
- High-performance concretes and creation of a background for its effective application in structures.
"Application of high-performance concrete is the way for more cost-effective concrete structures. The improved performance can be shrinkage, creep, durability etc. The student should cope with conception of such concretes and techniques of observation of their structural parameters."
- Selected problems of precast concrete assembly halls of rack-and-panel system
"Structural design and modelling of the assembly halls made from precast reinforced concrete or from prestressed concrete. Composition of a ground structure with a flat foundation. Restriction of geometric imperfections of precast concrete units, optimisation of deformations of vertical units, additional rectification of vertical units."
- Combination of precast ceiling and roofs plates
The behaviour of precast composite ceiling structures with regards to a provision of spatial rigidity of high constructions. Mathematical modelling of the behaviour (including deformations) of these composite structures.
- Concrete frames structures combined with filling
"Co-action of the filling (masonry, concrete units) with concrete frame, mathematical modelling of the behaviour of the frames and fillings (including deformation). "
- Limit states and stability strength of metal members
Theoretical and experimental analysis of stability strength of metal members considering the reliability and efficiency of their design.
- Advanced composite structural members and structures composed of materials based on metals, concrete, timber, fibre-reinforced polymers
"Theoretical and experimental analysis of the actual behaviour, strain and failure mechanism and load-carrying capacity of advanced composite structural members composed of metals, concrete, timber, fibre-reinforced polymers, e.g. composite steel-concrete and timber-concrete structural members, steel and timber structural members strengthened by external FRP reinforcement etc. The theme can be offered to 2 students. "
- Elements, components and structural details of composite steel and concrete structures: theory and real behaviour
"The topic Elements, components and structural details of composite steel and concrete structures: theory and real behaviour is normally allocated to two students pursuing doctoral studies. During the first year of their studies the topic will be made more specific for each individual student."
- Application of electronic measurement systems for monitoring of constructions
"Theme is focused on mapping and practical application of different types of the electronic measurement systems to monitoring structures during construction, loading tests or used for long-term monitoring."
- Development and utilization of non-destructive testing methods in the building industry - ultrasonic flaw detection
"Progress in physics and electronics, causing the development of existing and developing new testing methods. The theme of the thesis will focus on the development of ultrasonic flaw detection in construction."
- New Application of Innovated Pulse Ultrasonic Method for the Testing of Physical-Mechanical Properties of Ceramic Building Materials
"Operation and calibration of a modern two-channel ultrasonic pulse apparatus.
Excitation with ultrasonic probes and oscilloscopic evaluation with the possibility of checking the process. Testing the suitability of other excitation possibilities enabling two-channel imaging. Refinement of results in problematic cases of measurement. Possibility of increasing the scope of the method. Extending the application of the method by separating the measurement base from the excitation point."
- Response of rock mass during driving underground structures
Analysis of driven underground structures behaviour - influence of selected factors. It is supposed to application of mathematical modelling for analysis these factors.
- Design and implementationof shallow underground structures
The shallow underground structures are more often done on the present. The design of these structures is very complicated. The thesis are focused some of them and will be solve it.
- Numerical analysis of ground-anchor
The Ph.D. thesis is focused to numerical modelling of ground anchor in fine-grained soil conditions and these aspects will be analysed: modelling of ground anchor in 2D and 3D for different constitutive models for soils. At last the thesis will be dealt with rheological aspect fine-grained soil to ground-anchor.
- The stability of earth structure in dependence on time
The design of technological process of earth body building is considerably effected by rheological properties of soils. The main topic of the Ph.D. thesis will be specification of functional constitutive relations for aplication of rheological behaviour of soils. Material parametres will be determined by means of experimental modelling.
- The structure - subsoil interaction in extreme conditions
Finding of functional constitutive relations for aplication of non-linear behaviour of soils. Material parametres will be determined by means of experimental modelling. Their verification will be realized by mathematical models. In situ measutements will be done for back anylysis.