Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
A design of the clear and specific flat or pitched roof above various thermal and moisture internal environment. Waterproof layer design of substructures. Knowledge of the detailed design and material design of terraces, roof parking lots, heliports and green roofs. The issue of details. A basic overview of the structural and building physics principles.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Knowledge od the design of the clear and specific flat or pitched roof above various thermal and moisture internal environment. Waterproof layer design of substructures. Ability of the detailed design and material design of terraces, roof parking lots and green roofs.
Thermal-moisture processes in building envelopes, basic classification of roofs according to a pitch, shape, structure, serviceability, requirements etc. Outer and inner boundary conditions for roof designs above heated and unheated spaces and substructures. Drawing of roofs according to the valid standards.
Course contents (annotation):|
The content of subject is envelope and constructions of buildings – external walls and roof constructions, their material and constructional variants – classical and modern options. Relating themes are external plumbing and roofing, placing and fixing of components in window and door openings.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Constructions of building envelopes – terminology, functions, boundary climatic conditions of design, fundamental design principles. Peripheral wall envelopes – single-leaf and double structures.
2. Peripheral wall envelopes – design and structural principles, material variations of single-leaf homogeneous structures. Variations of thermal insulation positioning, Technological. Placing and fixing of components in window and door openings.
3. Principles of a solution of multi-layer wall structures with an external insulation layer. Materials and technological applications of external insulation layers (anchoring, sticking).
4. Waterproof layers of building substructures, kinds of hydro-physical loads.
5. Design principles of flat and line draining buildings.
6. Design principles of waterproofing for separate types of hydro-physical loads including control and reconstructive systems, pipe and reinforcement penetration by pressure water.
7. Roof constructions of building – classification and types of roofs, main structural components, drainage systems. Pitched timber roof constructions.
8. Modern roof trusses – collar beam trusses and rafter systems. Compositions of double and triple-skin pitched roofs.
9. Safety waterproofing materials. Thermal insulations of pitched roofs including materials based on thermal radiation reflectivity. Basic types of roofing.
10. Flat could roofs (double ventilated roofs) – design principles of the flat roof constructions and compositions, material variations, flat roof drainage layouts and components.
11. Flat warm roofs (single roofs) – design principles of the flat roof constructions and compositions, material variations, flat roof drainage layouts and components.
12. Material variants of individual layers of warm roofs (single flat roofs), structural types and compositions of flat roofs. Converted flat roofs. Roofing types and external plumbing.
13. Ways of flat roof stabilization against the upward wind lift. Roof terraces and traffic roofs (parking lots, heliports). Design principles, details.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
ČSN 730540. 2005
Fajkoš, Novotný: Střechy Základní konstrukce. GRADA 2003
Oláh: Konštrukcie plochých striech. JAGA Bratislava 1997