Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
· Providing the students with complete overview of function, principle and application of machinery and equipment in production of building materials. Individual machines from rocks mining, transportation, treatment, homogenisation up to transportation of raw materials into the plant itself are described. The subject deals with all machines for raw material processing in the production of mortars, raw ceramics, light building materials, concrete goods. The stress is laid on automation and robotics application in production of building materials.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
The students will master the objective of the course, function description of the main machines and equipment at production of structural materials. Machines and equipment for mining, crushing, sorting and homogenisation are included. More detailed information will be provided to drilling machines, loading equipment and machines for soil transfer.
Basic knowledge of Fundamentals of mechanical engineering, and Technology of building materials production.
Course contents (annotation):|
Importance, application and utilization of machinery in the production of building materials. Introduction in basic technical materials used with building machines and machinery. Description of machine and machinery from mining, transportation, resource material treatment though homogenisation and mixing procedures up to the final treatment, in particular incl. transport options. Division of raw material technology lines according to the type of the linked production.
Description of machines for raw material processing, production of mortar materials, rough and fine ceramics, light building materials, concrete products – application in automated production. Basic parameters, data important for operation and technology function of machines, basic structures, operation and maintenance. Type series of machines and equipment. Optimisation of technology processes by using of the latest mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic components. Environmental impacts in production facilities and their environment.
Theoretical parts of the subject present calculations of the machine and machine parts performance necessary for real applications, incl. calculations for optimum operational-technology as well as economic application. Stress is laid on automation and application of robotics in the production of building materials. Reduction of power demands of the production incl. methods for relevant calculations.
The objective of the subject – making acquainted with the principles of mechanical engineering, basic machine groups and components. Especially with machines for earth works, machines for transportation and assembly, machines for concrete and masonry works, machines for technology lines of individual production applications.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Basic technical materials. Metal and non-metal materials. Steels. Non-ferrous metals. Mechanical drawings – reading and generation.
2. Power generating machines. Pneumatic and hydraulic machines. Fans. Pumps. Compressors. Pressure vessels. Air-heating sets. Steam generators. Electric control station.
3. Driving units of building machines. Petrol and diesel engines. Special engines. Main motor parts. Fuel system. Greasing and cooling.
4. Gears – types and workmanship. Couplings. Gears. Substructures. Frames. Machine axles. Brake sets. Machine control.
5. Machines for earth works. Excavators with cycle and continuous operation. Special excavators. Shovel loaders.
6. Dozers. Rippers. Scrapers. Graders. Universal loaders. Tractor rippers.
7. Drilling machines and drilling rigs. Types of drilling equipment. Accessories. Chippers.
8. Transportation of rocks. Conveyor belts. Screw, bucket and vibrating conveyors. Compressed-air haulage. Sampling equipment for average samples. Cableways. Interplant handling. Motor-driven transport barrows. Railway transportation. Truck transport. Tow vehicles.
9. Rock treatment machines. Crushers. Mills. Sorters. Washers. Dryers.
10. Deposition and transportation of bulk materials. Magazines. Silos. Closures. Feeders. Dosers. Weights. Compressed-air and hydraulic haulage. Filters.
11. Mixers – cyclic and continuous. Central concrete mixing plants. Mobile concrete mixing plants. Machines fro cyclic or continual haulage of concrete mixtures. Concrete mixture compacting equipment. Vibration technology. Machines and equipment for preparation of reinforcement. Welding technology·
12. Overhead conveyance, portal, cantilever gantry, tower and mobile cranes. Derrics. Lifts. Stackers. Fork-lift trucks. Assembly and construction platforms. Special handling devices. Scaffolding technology. Handing trucks and devices.
13. Construction machines control and operation systems incl. automated. Electronics. Laser systems. Ergonomy of construction machines. Environmental impacts of construction machines.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
CAPUZZI, Q.: Modern technology and machinery for merble quarrying. Beneti macchine s.r.I., Carrara Italy, 1992
GRISWOLD, J.: Fuels, Combustion and Furnaces. New York, Mc Graw-Hill Book Co. 1992
Gross, V: Strojní zařízení výroben stavebních hmot. SNTL Praha 1965
Hlaváček, P.:: Stavební stroje, skripta. VUT FAST Brno 1995
Jeřábek, K., Helebrant, F., Jurman, J., Voštová, V.: Stroje pro zemní práce - silniční stroje. VŠB-TU Ostrava 1995
Maršál P.: Stavební stroje. VUT Brno 2004
PETERSON, E.: Frequency detection and speech formants. London 1985
Prokeš, J.:: Strojní zařízení, skripta. VUT Brno 1990
Slivka, V. a kol.:: Těžba a úprava silikátových surovin. Silikátový svaz Ostrava 2002
STACK, B.: Encyclopaedia of Tunneling, Minning and Drilling Equipment. Muden Publishing Company, Hobart, Australia, 1995
TAGGART, A.: Handbook of Mineral Dressing. New York 1968
Trávníček F.: Strojnictví a elektrotechnika, skripta. VUT FAST Brno, 1989
Trávníček, F.:: Strojní zařízení II, skripta. VUT FAST Brno, 1980
Vaněk A.: Moderní strojní technika a technologie zemních prací. Academie Praha 2003
Vaněk, A: Moderní strojní technika a technologie zemních prací. Academia Praha 2003
Vaněk, A.: Stavební stroje a mechanizmy. ČVUT Praha 1990
Vaněk, A.:: Přehled světové techniky. Stroje pro stavebnictví. D tisk Praha, 2001
Caterpillar Performance Handbook. 2003
IRESON, W. G.: Reliability Handbook. New York, Mc Graw-Hill Book Co. 1986