Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
The basic knowledge of water intake, water treatment processes and water distribution
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
The student manages the basic knowledge of water intake, water treatment processes and water distribution
Chemistry and technological processes in water treatment
Course contents (annotation):|
Water intake, basic technological processes of water treatment, water disinfections, balance declaration of water consumption, calculation of water demand, conceptual design of water supply systems, pressure zones, reservoirs and pumping stations, design and assessment of water distribution network, tube materials, tube fittings and armatures, design documentation.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Guidelines for drinking-water quality. Water intake. Primary pre-treatment.
2. Water treatment – introduction. Coagulating. Homogenizing equipment. Flocculation tanks.
3. Sedimentation and clarification.
5. Oxidation and other water treatment theory.
6. Water disinfection. Handling and storing chemicals. Sludge management of water-treatment plants.
7. Water demand and water consumption.
8. Conceptual design of water supply systems, pressure zones.
9. Water supply pumping stations.
10. Water tanks
11. Water distribution network, design and hydraulic analysis.
12. Tube materials, fittings and armatures.
13. Design documentation of water supply systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Tuhovčák, Adler, Kučera, Raclavský: Vodárenství. VUT v Brně 2006
Alegre H.: Performance Indicators in Water Supply Systems. IWA Publishing 2000
AWWA: Water Quality and Treatment (5th Edition). AWWA 1999
Tuhovčák, L. a kol.: Multimediální učebnice "Zásobování vodou". ÚVHO, FAST, VUT v Brně 1999
Twort A.: Water Supply -5th Edition. IWA Publishing 2000
Biela, R., Beránek, J.: Úprava vody a balneotechnika. CERM, s.r.o. Brno 2004