Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
The knowledge of requirements, function and failure of road and street, diagnostics and design of maintenance, rehabilitation and recycling of road structures are the main goal.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
The student is able to manage the goal of the subject by getting a complex overview over the quality system in road construction, particular technologies and necessary machinery, which are used for the construction, maintenance, rehabilitation and recycling of the road structures.
Knowlidge of subject: Design of road, Design of road structures, Road construction, Urban roads and knowlidge of test in Road laboratory
Course contents (annotation):|
Road and street functions, user requirements and serviceability characteristics. Outer and inner causes of failure mechanisms, definition of different mechanisms and their development characteristics. Examples of diagnostics of asphalt, Portland cement a bricks pavement with design of maitenance. Pavement management systems for road network. Each student evaluate servicebility and failure of road, bearing capacity on base of falling weight deflectometer, field and laboratory tests and prepare design of variant maintenance and repair of pavement.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Road and street functions, user´s requirements and serviceability
2. Measurements and evaluation of skid/slip resistance
3. Measurements and evaluation of pavement unevenness and other failures
4. The causes and development of different failure mechanisms
5. Catalogue of failure and visual inspection of flexible pavement
6. Design and evaluation of pavement structure with programme LAYEPS
7. Measurements and evaluation of flexible pavement bearing capacity
8. Take of road structures samples and laboratory testing
9. Design of maintenance, rehabilitation and recycling of flexible pavement
10. Failure, evaluation and design of maintenance, rehabilitation and reconstruction of rigid pavements
11. Pavement Management Systems
12. Important examples of diagnostics and design of road structure maintenance, rehabilitation and recycling
13. Presentation of student evaluation of pavement failure and design of maintenance and overlaying
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Kudrna Jan: TP 82 Katalog poruch netuhých vozovek. ŘSD, Silniční databanka Ostrava 1996
Kudrna Jan: TP 87 Navrhování údržby a oprav netuhých vozovek. VUT FAST 1996
Spies Karel: TP 62 Katalog poruch vozovek s cementobetonovým krytem . Stradis s.r.o. 1994