Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
The graduate achieves the aim in the region of the quantity sensors and method of the electrical and non-electrical quantities measurement. He will learn about the conversion of the non-electrical quantities to electrical ones and he obtains the knowledge of the processing this signal by the computers. He acquires the application possibilities in the area of civil engineering.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Knowledge in the field of sensors and methods of measuring of the non-electrical and electrical quantities. Orientation in the field of transfer non-electrical quantities to electrical or optical signals and knowledge of the converted signal processing using computer technology. Knowledge and application overview of the opportunities and current trends in measurement.
Basic methods of measurement, computer principles, data processing, input and output computers operations, knowledge of the computers programming.
Course contents (annotation):|
Machine-Controlled Measuring - Introduction. Sensors and Converters. Computer and measuring. Input and Output Communication Ports and Systems. Introduction to the Measuring System GPIB. Basic GPIB Instruments. Instructions of the Selected Instruments. Programming of the Interface Card GPIB. Practice Exercise.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Introduction: Personal computer (PC) and measuring. Asset in the area of economy and quality.
2. Sensors and converters:
3. Input and Output communication ports and systems: Serial bus RS232. Universal serial bus (USB). Interface card GPIB (IEEE488).
4. Introduction to the measuring system GPIB: Basic requirement. GPIB interface bus description. Instructions of GPIB interface bus.
5. Basic GPIB instruments overview: Agilent, Tectronics, Metra and Tesla.
6. Instructions of the selected instruments - 1st part: Oscilloscopes of the Agilent 54600 series. Programmable Power Source of the Agilent E363xA series. Digital Multimeter Agilent 34401A.
7. Instructions of the selected instruments - 2nd. part: Digital Voltmeter M1T 330. Precise Measuring Module M1T 386. Multiplexor M1T 293. RLCG Bridge-Voltmeter BM 559. RLC Gauger BM 595. D/A Converter BM 572. Programmable Power Source BS 575. Universal Counter BM 640a. Universal Counter BM 642.
8. Programming of the interface card GPIB: Instructions of the GPIB interface card Agilent. Example of the card’s Turbo Pascal Units. Example of instrument’s Turbo Pascal Unit. Example of the measuring program.
9.-13. Practice exercise: Preparation, debugging and testing of the particular program from the civil engineering
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Pavel Schauer: Laboratorní cvičení z fyziky I. PC-DIR 1994
Zdeněk Chobola, Bohumil Koktavý: Elektronizace a automatizace měřících metod ve stavebnictví. Vysoké učení technické 1990
Václav Fajt a kol.: Elektrická měření (kapitola - Měření neelektrických veličin elektrickými metodami). SNTL/ALFA 1987