Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
Goal of this subject are knowledge and skills regarding to describe and analysis variables as inputs into calculation of economic efficiency. Creation of models for calculation of economic and financial feasibility of investment projects.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Creation of models for calculation of economic and financial feasibility of investment projects. Feasibility study.
Knowledge of financial and taxation issues and orientation in construction cost estimates.
Course contents (annotation):|
Investment and national economy. Investment area (return, risk and liquidity). Time value of money. Feasibility study. Evaluation of economic efficiency and financial feasibility of structural investment projects. Procedures and methods for future development simulation of project. Economic efficiency ratios. Risk and uncertainty.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Investment and economy growth, sorts of investment possibilities
2. Theoretical appraisal for evaluation of economic efficiency of investment, time value of money
3. Feasibility study. Total project costs, investment costs, working capital
4. Financing of structural investment projects, resources and costs
5. Returns and production costs, profit, cash flow (CF). Income statement, balance sheet, CF statement
6. Economic analysis, economic efficiency of investment ratios (NPV, IRR, PB)
7. Financial analysis, financial feasibility of project ratios
8. Analysis of uncertainty according to project financial evaluation, resources and reason of uncertainty, inflation
9. Risk and uncertainty analysis; profit, sensitivity and probability analysis
10. Decision rules based on matrix production. Introduce to portfolio management
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Korytárová J., Fridrich J., Puchýř B.: Ekonomika investic. Vysoké učení technické v Brně, Fakulta stavební, 2002
Korytárová, J.: Ekonomika investic. FAST VUT v Brně, elektronická studijní opora 2006
Butler, R., Leslie, D.,Pike, R.,Sharp, J.: Strategic Investment Decisions.. Routledge. London and New York 1993
Fotr J., Souček. I: Podnikatelský záměr a investiční rozhodování. GRADA Publishing, 2005