Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
Evaluation of possibilities of natural ways of water treatment use, advantages and disadvantages.
Specific of mechanical pre-treatment solution
Knowledge of purification processes in soil, water and wetland environment, their use in various types of equipment
Ability to use the principle of designing the most used types
Environmental impact assessment, overview of legislative.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Student gains overview of possibilities of natural ways of water treatment use, knowledge of purification processes in soil, water and wetland environment, their use in various types of equipment.
Knowledge of hydraulics, hydrology, hydropedology, waste water treatment, chemistry and technology of water.
Course contents (annotation):|
Introduction, history and various ways of natural water treatment
Purification processes in soil, aquatic and wetland environment, importance of plants, research, polluted and water waters
Rain water disposal
Pretreatment of waste waters
Soils filters, reed bed treatment plants with horizontal and vertical flow
Aerobic biological reservoirs, anaerobic biological reservoirs, maturation ponds
Irrigation with municipal, industrial and agricultural waste waters
Legislation, combination of natural and artificial ways of treatment, modernization
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Introduction to natural ways of waste water treatment - advantages, disadvantages, possibilities of use, legislative.
2. Quantity and content of waste water, slurry and sludge, calculations, measurement, mechanical treatment of waste water from the small polluters.
3. Reed bed treatment plants: purification processes in filtration environment, efficiency. Function, use and treatment of plants in reed bed treatment plant.
4. Construction of reed bed treatment plant: systems, basic construction with horizontal undeground flow.
5. Design of reed bed treatment plant: calculations, construction, sealing,.. Vertical reed bed treatment plant.
7. Siol filters: purification processes, system, construction
8. Biological reservoirs: purification processesin aquaeous environment, anoxic reservoirs.
9. Aerobic reservoirs: design, basic construction.
10. Aerobic aerated reservoirs, aerating systems. Final treatment aerobic reservoirs. Maintenence.
11. Aquacultures, bioeliminators: principle, plants, systems.
12. Irrigation with waste water: advantages and disadvantages, possibilities of use. Purification processes in soils. Basic design.
13. Irrigation with liquid manure amd with agricultural waste water. Combination of individual ways of natural waste water treatment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
REED, S.C.: Natural systems for waste managemant and treatment. N. York 1988
ŠÁLEK, J.: Přírodní způsoby čištění odpadních vod. PC-Dir Brno 1995