Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
After completing the course, the students should be able touse the basics necessary to deal with terms as precision and accuracy, laws of errors propagation and principle of adjustment.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Student gets practical knowledge of teorie of errors, analysis and classified sources of measurement errors (instrumental errors, natural errors and personal errors). Student will manage laws of error propagation and principle of adjustment by last squares metod (adjustment direct observations and adjustment by elements).
Surveying and computing of measurements on the plane.Linear algebra - fundaments of matrix calculus, Analytic geometry, Derivative of a function, Taylors expansion of a function.
Course contents (annotation):|
Classification of errors, laws of distibution errors, accuracy and precision, simple analysis of measurements, weight and cofactors, laws of propagation of errors, weights and cofactors, inverse formula, least squares method and adjustment, adjustment of direct observations, pairs of measurement, adjustment by elements, observation equations, residuals equations, normal equations and solution, standard deviations.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. History of subject. Theoretical base. Probability and statistic
2. Definition errors of measurements and their classification.
3. Distribution of random quantities and their specification in theory of errors
4. Standard deviation and simple analysis of precision
5. Weight, cofactors, covariance matrix, cofactor matrix
6. Laws of error propagation, law of weights propagation, inverse formula
7. Principle of least squares method, types of adjustment
8. Adjustment of direct observations, pairs of measurements
9. Principle of adjustment by elements, observation equations
10. Residuals equations, normal equations and their solution, standard deviation of unit weight
11. Standard deviation, computed quantities
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Böhm, J., Hampacher, M., Radouch, V.: Teorie chyb a vyrovnávací počet. Kartografie Praha 1990
Hampacher, M., Radouch, V.: Teorie chyb a vyrovnávací počet 10. ČVUT Praha 1997
Wolf, P.R., Ghilani, Ch.D.: Adjustment Computation. John Wiley, New York. 1997
Kubáčková, L.: Metódy spracovania experimentalnych údajov. Veda, Bratislava 1990
Vykutil J.: Teorie chyb a vyrovnávací počet. VUT Brno 1981