Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
Complete highway route design, computation of highway geometry.
Highway history and development, Traffic flow and road capacity.
Physical conditions of vehicle motion, vehicle characteristics.
Economy, safety, external traffic impact.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Linear algebra, derivative of a function, basic principles of descriptive geometry - projection of curves and solid geometry, mechanics of particle, kinetic energy, work and power.
Course contents (annotation):|
Route design and its elements.
Design curves - circle, clothoid and their combinations.
The vertical alignment.
The history, present and future of roads and transportation. Different means of transport.
Wind and rolling resistance, tyre and carriageway interaction.
Economic, operating and environmental assesment of road.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for successful completion of the subject are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
1. Highway network and its development.
2. Origin and evolution of the traffic demand. Traffic flow.
3. Intensity of the traffic flow, highway capacity, highway categories.
4. Highway routing, principles for design and surveying of roads.
5. Horizontal curves, minimal radius, transition curves.
6. Calculation and surveying of clothoidical transition curves.
7. Symmetrical curves.
8. Unsymmetrical curves and combined curves.
9. Vertical alignment, principles, design and calculation.
10. Deisgn of horizontal alignment for the feasibility study.
11. Width configuration and the template cross section.
12. The assessement of design alternatives.
13. Vehicles for road transportation, the interaction between tyre and carriageway.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Holcner Petr: Studijní materiály Silnice a dálnice I.. http://www.fce.vutbr.cz/PKO/0M2/
Chochol Štefan, Lehovec František, Pošvář Jiří, Rondoš Ľudovít: Cesty a diaľnice I - projektovanie. Alfa Bratislava 1989
Kaun Miroslav, Lehovec František: Pozemní komunikace 20. ČVUT 2000
Krajčovič Marián a kol.: Dopravní stavby I. - webová nekompletní verze. http://www.fce.vutbr.cz/studium/literatura/DopStavby/silnicni_doprava_opr.doc 1998
Krajčovič Marián a kol.: Dopravní stavby I. Pozemní komunikace. VUT Brno, FAST 1998