Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
The aim of the seminars is to present a deeper insight into individual scientific and application areas of biomedical engineering. Some of the mentioned themes are also of more generic interest.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Deeper knowledge of specialised problem areas of biomedical engineering
According to chosen themes - generally the MSc level background.
Course contents (annotation):|
- Bioinformatics 1 (Provazník)
- Bioinformatics 2 (Provazník)
- Biophysics of muscle cells (Šimurda)
- Modern trends in tomographic systems (Drastich)
- Reconstruction of images from ideal and non-ideal tomographic data (Jan)
- Data in imaging systems of different modalitites (Jan)
- Physics and medical applications of ultrasound (Rozman)
- Analysis of variability of blood pressure and sensitivity of baroreflex (Honzíková)
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
final oral exam
Bioinformatics, biophysics of muscle cells, modern trends in tomographic systems, physics and applications of ultrasound.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
J.Jan: Medical Image Processing, Reconstruction and Restoration - Concepts and Methods. CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group, USA, 2005, 760 str.