Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
Deepen the students' knowledge about microprocessor technique and familiarize them with some advanced periphery and technologies.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Ability to work with microprocessors at advanced level, both HW and SW side.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Course contents (annotation):|
AVR GCC special functions, AVR bootloader. Using the pointers, arrays, state machine, in processor programming. RTOS. Communication busses usable by microprocessor. Communication with external sensors (pressure, temperature...). Timers/counters, proper time measurement. PWM. LCD character/graphics displays, controllers, usage. Basics of vector graphic. DC motors and stepper motors.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Homeworks during semestr: max 30 marks
Particular labortory practice rating: max 30 marks
Writen part of examination rating: max 40 marks
1. AVR GCC special functions, AVR bootloader.
2. Variables (global, local ...), memory placement
3. Using the pointers, arrays, state machine, in processor programming.
4. Functions, calls, function pointers, tables.
6. Communication busses usable by microprocessor.
7. Communication with external sensors (pressure, temperature...).
8.. Timers/counters, proper time measurement. PWM.
9. LCD character/graphics displays, controllers, usage. Basics of vector graphic.
10. Power down modes.
11. DC motors and stepper motors.
12. Trends in microcontrollers development, 16 and 32 bit processors.
13. External lecture.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
MANN, B. C pro mikrokontroléry. BEN, technická literatura, 2003
FRÝZA, T., FEDRA, Z.., SEBESTA, J. Mikroprocesorová technika. Laboratorní cvičení. Skriptum UREL. Brno:FEKT, VUT v Brně, 2007
VÁŇA, Vl. Mikrokontroléry Atmel AVR. Praha, BEN, 2003
BARNETT, R., O'CULL, L., COX, S. Embedded C Programming and the Atmel AVR, 2e. Thomson Delmar Learning, NY 2007
ROZEHNAL, Z. Mikokontroléry MOTOROLA HC11. Praha, BEN 2001
SKALICKÝ, P. Mikroprocesory řady 8051. Praha, Ben 1998