Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with
materials for electrical and electronic engineering,
with their classification an with their important
properties. This information enable the basic orientation in the selection of materials for constructions
of electrotechnical and electronic devices and equipments.
The aim in the part "Technical Documentation" is to acquaint students with standardization of documents in elektrotechnology, with ways and demands on their processing. The students will learn the basis of usage of CAD systems, MS Word and Excel.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
The student gains elementary knowledge of materials for electrical and electronic engineering. On the base of informations about materials` properties the student will be able to applicate the materials in design of constructions of devices and equipments. Student will be able to create and read technical documents in electrotechnology.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Course contents (annotation):|
Materials for electrical and electronic engineering, classification. Electrical conducting a resistive materials. Superconductors. Ferro- and ferrimagnetic materials.
Dielectric and insulating materials. Semiconductors. Materials
for optoelectronics. Composites.
Standardization of documents (ISO, EN, IEC, ETS, ČSN). Drawings of parts and assembly. Schemes in electrotechnics. Documentation for printed circuit boards. Diagrams. Text documents. Informative database. Computer support for creating documentation.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for accreditation:
Performance and passing of reports from laboratory measurements. Passing of drawing documentation. The knowledge of processing AutoCAD for work in 2D.
1) Purpose and importance of documentation, sorting and types of documents, standardization of technical documents (ISO, EN, IEC, ETS, ČSN). Ways and methods of processing. Importance of graphical information. Basic standardization for graphical documents.
2) Computer support facilities (MS Word, MS Excel, OrCAD/SDT, AutoCAD).
3) Display methods in drawing documentation, E and A methods. Appropriate form of parts drawings (display, dimensioning and its accuracy, rules of surface state, geometrical tolerances). Assembly drawings, drawings with electrical assembly.
4) Electrotechnical schemes - general and supplementary marks, marks of components, combined marks (ČSN IEC 617). Display of connections and couplings. Marking objects in electrotechnics by letters and numbers. Ways and methods of displaying on schemes. Kinds of electrotechnical schemes.
5) Basic documentation for printed circuit boards. Terminology, classes of precision, execution, necessities of basic documents. Kinds of basic graphic documents.
6) Text documents (ČSN ISO 5966), requirements on the layout, elaboration and design. Diagrams and their creating. Informative database - bases, study of literature, patents etc.
7) Materials for electrical and electronic engineering. Composition, structure and regulation of the material`s properties. Crystalline and amorphous matters. Energy band model.
8) Metallic materials. Conducting and resistive materials. Solders, materials for electric contacts, thermoelements, fuses. Superconductors.
9) Semiconductors. Elemental and compound semiconductors, organic semiconduconductors.
10) Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors. Thermodynamic equilibrium of charge carriers. Conductivity of semiconductors.
11) Organic and inorganic insulating materials. Dielectric materials. Piezoelectrics, electrets. Dielectric polarization and electrical conductivity.
12) Magnetically soft- and hard materials. Ferro- and ferrimagnetic materials. Materials for magnetic recording. Metallic glass.
13) Materials for optoelectronics. Optical fibres,liquid crystals. Displays and imagers. Composites and sandwich structures. Materials for production of printed circuits.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
Obligatory participation in teaching.
Jirák, J., Autrata, R., Liedermann, K., Rozsívalová, Z., Sedlaříková, M.: Materiály a technická dokumentace, část Materiály v elektrotechnice. Elektronické texty, Brno 2002.
Procházka, P., Rozsívalová, Z.: Materiály a technická dokumentace, část Technická dokumentace. Elektronické texty, Brno 2002.
Hassdenteufel, J. a ost.: Elektrotechnické materiály, Alfa-SNTL Bratislava 1978.
Klepš,Z., Procházka,P., a další: Tvorba technické dokumentace, Česká matice technická.
Giesecke,F., a další: Technical Drawing,Prentice Hall, USA
Simmons, C., a další: Manual of Engineering Drawing ,ARNOLD,London