Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
To develop the students understanding of abstract models of real systems. To introduce methods of simulation of dynamical systems.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
The student acquires knowledge how to build abstract models of dynamical systems from various physical areas in a systematic way. The student acquires skill in simulation and analysis of such models by help of MATLAB-Simulik software package.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Course contents (annotation):|
Model, modeling, simulation, emulation. Models of dynamical systems. Numerical methods for solution of continuous-time dynamical systems. Lagrange equations for modeling of dynamical systems. Bond graphs. MATLAB-Simulink as a tool of control engineer. Discrete events systems.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Work of students is evaluated during study by tests in exercises and one control test. They can obtain maximum 30 points by these tests during semester.
Final examination is evaluated by 70 points at maximum.
1. Basic concepts. Relation between abstract and real system.
2. State space description of systems
3. Relation between state space model and I/O models
4. Matlab - Simulink, numerical solution of differential equations
5. Models of simple mechanical systems.
6. Models of simple mechanical systems. Free bodies method.
7. Modeling of mechanical systems with help of Lagrange equations.
8. Models of simple electrical, thermal and hydraulic systems.
9. Bond graphs, basic concepts.
10. Modeling of electrical systems with help of bond graphs
11. Modeling of mechanical systems with help of bond graphs
12. Discrete events systems modeling
13. Discrete events systems simulation
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Karnopp D.C., Margolis D.L., Rosenberg R.C.:System Dynamics a Unified Approach. J. Wiley,1990.
Cassandras Ch.:Discrete Event Systems,Irwin, Boston MA,1993
Gordon G.:System Simulation,Prentice Hall,1969
MATLAB-Simulink Reference manual.
Noskievič, P.:"Modelování a identifikace"
Horáček, P.:"Systémy a modely",
ČVUT Praha, 1998.