Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
New conception and essential information of Electric Drives
/ theoretical and practice /.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
The new information and crafts connect with contents electromechanical systems in this structure : control semiconductor power fed source + motors of different types +
driven technology devices - practical and theoretical parts.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school education level is requested.
Course contents (annotation):|
This new course link to courses of mechanic, theory of Electric machines and Power Electronics. Explain the principles and methods dimensioning of power parts structure of Electric drives. Electric drives play an important role as electromechanical energy converters in most production processes.Explain problems : Dynamics of a Mechanical Drive,
Integration of the simplified Equation of Motion, Thermal effects in Electrical machines,structures with Separately Excited and Series DC machines, Control of Converter-supplied this type,Induction Motor + frequency converter,Variable Frequency Synchronous Motor Drives and Some Applications of Controlled Drives.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
1. Block diagram of electric drive
2. Summary of electric drives, control, regulation.
3. Mechanics of electric drive, equation of motion
4. The main types of electric machines, used in electric drives
5. DC machine, matematic model
6. Current, speed and position control loops
7. Stability of control loops
8. SO, OM, transient characteristics, regulator design
9. Mechanic charakteristic of mechanism and industrial machines
10. Loses in drive, dimensioning, equivalent methods
11. Drives with serial excitacion, deexcitacion, DC machine in electric traction
12. Drives with asynchronous machines, frequency inverters, softstarts.
13. Drives with synchronous machines, EC motor.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Caha,Černý:Elektrické pohony,SNTL Praha 1990
J.Vogel :Elektrische Antriebe,Technik Verlag 1991
Murphy,Turnbull:Power Electronik ,Pergamon Press 1993
D.Schroeder : Elektrische Antriebe,Springer 1994.
W.Leonhard .: Control of Electrical Drives.Springer Verlag 1996,ISBN 3-540-59380-2.
Elektronická skripta na siti FEKT :Elektricke pohony, Laboratorní cvičení Elektrických pohonů
S.Lynch.:Dynamical Systems with Applications using MATLAB. Birkhauser 2004. ISBN 0-8176-4321-4
D.Skubov, K.Khodzhaev.: Non-Linear Electromechanics. Springer 2008. ISBN 978-3-540-25139-2.