Objective of the course – aims of the course unit:|
Widening student's understanding of English and extending their abilities to use the language for communicative purposes.
Objective of the course – learning outcomes and competences:|
Widened grammar skills and vocabulary.
All four skills in context
Everyday Enlish usage
The subject knowledge on the lower pre-intermediate level is requested.
Course contents (annotation):|
The English course for using English both accurately and fluently.Grammar and vocabulary are taught and explained thoroughly,and all four language skills are developed systematically.It combines traditional methods of language teaching and more recent communicative approaches.
Teaching methods and criteria:|
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes:|
1.Unit 7: Present Perfect Simple in contrast with Past Simple. Agreeing and disagreeing.
2. Unit 7: Present Perfect Simple - practice. Description of graphs. Characteristics of companies.
3. Unit 8: Modal verbs - explanation and basic practice. Word formation and work with a dictionary.
4. Unit 8: Modal verbs - practice. Nationalities and different cultures. Reactions to invitations.
5. Review Unit B: units 5-8.
6. Unit 9: Present Perfect Simple and Continuous. Word collocations. Offers and requests.
7. Unit 10: Present Perfect and Continuous - practice. Future - revision. Asking for information.
8. Unit 10: 1st Conditional. Prepositions of place. The age and population.
9. Unit 11: 1st Conditional - practice. 2nd Conditional. Description of cities.
10. Unit 11: 2nd Conditional - practice. Social responses.
11. Unit 12: Passives: Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Perfect, Future. Word building.
12. Unit 12: Passives - practice. Thanking for hospitality, saying goodbye. Review Unit C: units 9-12. Summary.
13. Semester test.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences:|
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Samostatná domácí příprava - www.feec.vutbr.cz/et
Liz Taylor: International Express Pre-Intermediate. Student's Book. New Edition. Oxford University Press, 2004.
Soubor technických textů.