prof. RNDr. Ing. Petr Štěpánek, CSc.
Vice-Rector for Strategic Development
phone: +420 541 145 218
In charge of Strategic Development Section
- the preparation and discussion of the Strategic Plan and its updates in agreement with the requirements and procedures laid down by the Higher Education Act, the BUT Statutes, the strategic plan and conditions as formulated by the Ministry of Education and government documents relating to education;
- cooperation with industry, the strengthening and presentation of the comparative advantages of BUT vis-à-vis other higher education institutions, the development of a system of evaluating and rewarding successful application activities within BUT, management of the Project Support Centre;
- the preparation, elaboration, presentation and discussion of BUT’s strategic goals, in cooperation with the other Vice-Rectors and the Bursar of BUT and with the support of the various offices at the Rectorate;
- BUT strategic risk management, with an emphasis on the basic European projects including the development of risk management as a field of study and research at BUT;
- the management and evaluation of risks including the collection of data, analytical activities, simulations, modeling and predictions in all areas of activity at BUT;
- the qusestion of EUA evaluation;
- representing the strategic interests of BUT in advisory bodies, including cooperation with the BUT Academic Senate;
- the preparation and coordination of the development of new faculties and constituent parts of BUT in accordance with the BUT Strategic Plan and its updates for the period 2010–2015.